Free School Meals
Parent(s)/Guardian(s) can apply if your son or daughter is in full-time education and if you are in receipt of one of the following benefits:-
- Income Support;
- Income Based Jobseeker’s Allowance;
- Income Related Employment and Support Allowance;
- Guarantee Element of State Pension Credit;
- Child Tax Credit or Working Tax Credit with an annual taxable income of £16,190 or less;
- Universal credit and have net household earnings not exceeding £14,000 per year.
- if you are an Asylum Seeker supported by the Home Office Asylum Support Assessment Team (ASAT); or
- if your child has a statement of special educational needs and is designated to require a special diet.
All parents/guardians are encouraged, if applicable, to apply for Free School Meals as this is a factor which is considered when the school's budget is being allocated each year.
The Education Authority (EA) is responsible for assessing eligibility for Free School Meals based on Department of Education (DE) / Department for the Economy (DfE) criteria.
All appications are now online. You can apply now by clicking below